Tuesday, July 7, 2009

How are Vermont citizen towards foreigners that want to live there

How are Vermont citizen towards foreigners that want to live there?
For my husband (American citizen) and me (Belgian woman) it would be a dream to live in Vermont, so we are planning to move there in about 3 years. At this moment we live in Belgium and I would like to know how Vermont citizen are towards foreigners.
Other - Society & Culture - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
My mother was an alien. She came to Vermont from Ireland in the 1950's. My father was a real Yankee who ate cold apple pie and cheddar cheese for breakfast with a knife. My mother was well accepted by the local woodchucks. She also found some fellow Irishmen to pal around with. Things haven't changed much in 50 years. If you are not an ax murderer and if you are not a snob you will find the natives are very friendly. People will be curious about your accent, so don't be offended when they ask.






Read more discussions :

Search News