Monday, September 22, 2014

Five with suspected terror ties arrested in Europe


Five with suspected terror ties arrested in Europe


A third suspect was arrested in Belgium. A fourth suspect was arrested in the Netherlands and a fifth was arrested in Turkey. Several of the alleged members of the cell, who traveled frequently between Belgium and the Netherlands, were of Turkish descent ...


Road Cycling World Championships Results


2. Orica GreenEdge (Australia), 32 seconds behind. 3. Omega Pharma-Quick-Step (Belgium), :36. 4. Sky (Britain), :38. 5. Tinkoff-Saxo (Russia), :47. 6. Movistar (Spain), :52. 7. Trek Factory Racing (United States), 1:02. 8. Giant-Shimano (Netherlands), 1:27.


28 January 1977


Pos LW Weeks Song Artist 1 1 13 Mississippi - Pussycat 2 4 4 Howzat - Sherbet 3 2 11 Daddy Cool - Boney M 4 3 7 I’ll Meet You At Midnight - Smokie 5 5 8 Georgie - Pussycat 6 6 15 Jeans On - David Dundas 7 8 3 Blue Water - Julian Laxton Band 8 16 2 If You Leave Me Now - Chicago 9 7 9 Without You - Ba ...


Impressions from an English monastery


Since my boys have grown up and can travel independently, I am an infrequent visitor to England, where I was born. In fact, as we set off for a 4-day visit last Wednesday, occasioned by an invitation to my wife to give a lecture on iconography, we realized my previous visit had been very nearly two ...


OOTW: MOVES LIKE JAGGER


On Monday I wore a top I got from my aunts friend (only she's removed the tag so...), stripy trousers made by me, leather jacket from Only, socks from Primark, shoes from H&M and hat from an antiquities market in Belgium (the hat is French, though). This week has just been filled with almost nothing ...


Boddingtins Pub Ale!


Drinking a Boddingtons Pub Ale today. I used to drink this many many years ago and I really wanted to try one again. My first swigs are filled with a really smooth and creamy sweet ale. Everything about this ale is mild from the flavor to hops to carbonation. It finishes bitter. I remember this Pub ...


It’s not a Zündapp, it’s a Honda CB550


Hidden in a backstreet in the busy Port of Amsterdam is a small fabrication shop called Tin Can Customs. Amidst the clatter and clanging of ships unloading their cargo, Chris Dekker gets on with building motorcycles, furniture, and anything else he feels like. Being smack-dab in the middle of a huge ...



Search News