Monday, November 14, 2011

Does anyone what the minimum age is for laser eye surgery

Does anyone what the minimum age is for laser eye surgery?
Im 17, gonna turn 18 in a few months. I live in belgium at the moment and was wondering if anyone knew if i could get laser eye surgery. I've been wearin glasses ffor a few years, and they have only slightly changed the intensity. I really dont like wearin them so if you have any other options besides contacts that would be good.
Optical - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I believe 18 is the age you can get elective surgery.
2 :
I would say 16 maybe with parental consent. I don't think there is a set age but they will reccomend making sure that your eye prescription has remained the same or changed very little after a few years. i would go for contacts if your eyes are still getting worse till your eyes have stabilized.
3 :
I had Laser eye surgery done after wearing glasses for 16 years. It has been perfect for me. I have had no changes. Of course, as I age, I expect changes. I also co-manage refractive surgery and have seen hundreds of successful patients. It doesn't hurt, generally. There is a bit of pressure, but no real pain if you have Laser eye surgery. The PRK version (where no flap is cut) is a little more uncomfortable for the first few days following the procedure. I've seen several people who said they were in some pain, but healed just fine. I used to wear both glasses and contact lenses. I had Laser eye surgery done and it's the best decision I've ever made. I can see clearly, no squinting, no driving with glasses anymore. I can read road signs, see the individual leaves in the trees (they're not just a blurry mess anymore). It's also nice to be able to see what time it is when I wake up. The procedure is painless (although a bit uncomfortable) but takes less than 15 minutes. Highly recommended. If you need help finding a reputed surgeon in India u can check out the ink below: http://www.indianhealthguru.com You can schedule a free appointment there and they'll answer all your questions and see if you qualify as a good candidate or not



Read more discussions:

Search News