Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Dual Citizenship between the U.S. and Belgium, planning on Marrying and Living in Belgium

Dual Citizenship between the U.S. and Belgium, planning on Marrying and Living in Belgium.?
I am a natural-born citizen of the U.S. My girlfriend (a natural-born Belgian Citizen) and I are planning to marry in Belgium and are also planning to reside there. I would like to keep my U.S. citizenship and also obtain Belgian citizenship. I have found related information here and from Google, but it's a few years old. Would someone have current information related to this? I would like to know if I would lose my U.S. citizenship. I am after all looking to willingly obtain a foreign citizenship.
Immigration - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
you never lose your us citizenship gaining e.u residenship is the hard part, marriage alone isnt enough
2 :
if your a liberal...please stay in Belgium
3 :
As of April 2008 Belgium now allows dual citizenship.



Read more discussions:

Search News