Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I am not an EU national I only live, study in Belgium and I have a belgian resident permit

I am not an EU national I only live, study in Belgium and I have a belgian resident permit,?
I need to be in the UK next week for a day or 2 !, with a resident permit of an EU country will I be allowed to get into the UK without a visa to the UK even when I am not an EU national !!...urgent reply needed
Belgium - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It depends on your nationality of course but your residence permit does not change your immigration status and so does not allow entry to the UK You can check here if you need a visa or not, but as you need a residence permit for Belgium then I imagine you would also need a visa for the UK You will need to contact the Belgian embassy, but actually the visa process for NL & Belgium has been outsourced to Paris and you have to make and incredibly long application! online for a visa. The chances of you getting it for next week (without contacting and visiting Paris) is practically zero My husband is non-EU, has a permanent residence permit in the Netherlands, and when we visit the UK, then we have to go through this procedure which seems to get tougher each year! http://ukinbelgium.fco.gov.uk/en/visas/



Read more discussions:

Search News