Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The outbreak of World War I


The outbreak of World War I


One of my distractions while running lately has been the World War I episodes of Dan Carlin's Hardcore History podcast. Two-and-a-half episodes in, Carlin has barely reached the Battle of the Marne, but that's a good thing: the months leading up to and just after the outbreak of the war are the most ...


Liverpool return sets Champions League battle underway


Paris (AFP) - Liverpool's return to European action for the first time in five years and Real Madrid's shaky start to the season dominate the start of the new battle for the Champions League title on Tuesday. Liverpool take on surprise Bulgarian team Ludogorets Razgrad, while defending champions Rea ...


Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell


Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell >My rating: 5 of 5 stars If you've followed my reviews for a while, you'll have noted my lament that modern literature has little to offer the bibliophile; that modern authors churn out inch-deep pap to satisfy t ...


Luna Park


Friday the 12th of September Today I went to Luna park with a lot of Exchange Students, (3 Danes, 3 from Belgium, 1 from Turkey, 1 from Taiwan, 1 from Finland). We all expected this huge park since Luna Park is one of the most famous ones in Sydney, and that caused a surprise, because it was TINY, I ...


4 Million iPhone6 and iPhone6 plus sold in opening 24 hours !!


New Record From Apple !! During the initial pre-order weekend sales,Apple has sold a record number of iPhones amid its beginning pre-order weekend deals,topping the charts with 4 million units moved between when it commenced pre-sales early Friday morning and the end of the same day.The store accomp ...



Search News