Thursday, September 18, 2014

Loncon - in LJ links


Loncon - in LJ links


In my last post here, a day or two before Loncon, I mentioned that I was setting up a Loncon friends' filter. Well, there were some good Loncon-related posts on it, and it seemed a pity to lose track of them. They have certainly brought back some memories, as well as talking about a number of things ...


Rocacorba Daily


In this morning’s edition of the Rocacorba Daily news digest: Greg Van Avermaet wins GP de Wallonie; Victory for Niccolo Bonifazio at Coppa Agostoni; Thor Hushovd to close out his career this weekend; Froome, Wiggins, Armitstead and Garner in Great Britain lineup for Worlds; Spain announces men’s Wo ...


Back Home


We three made it back to Fort Collins, CO in one piece, and sans mouse, on August 27th 2014! The five month long trek is now over. Along the way we laughed, we cried, and we pulled out our hair. When we got back to Fort Collins we stayed the first night at our friends Holly’s and Kenny’s house. But ...


What I've been up to, my future plans, my life


So I would first like to start out by addressing all of the wonderful and inquisitive e-mails/texts/blog comments/etc. that I have received recently from everyone. I appreciate your interest, it’s great to know that you all care. In response, I would like to say I have not posted on my blog in quite ...


The Best Styling Of The Week, Part II


Where I round up the most inspiring editorials of the week. 1. Anna Ewers styled by Katy England. Otherwise known as everybody’s favorite stylist, Katy England dressed Anna in avant-garde looks, some by Comme des Garçons, others by Givenchy and Prada, for the fall issue of W Magazine, shot by renown ...


CroisiEurope Offers Last-Minute Deals


With October just around the corner, is it too late to book a last-minute river cruise for 2014? CroisiEurope certainly doesn’t think so. The Strasbourg, France-based river cruise operator still has some very enticing last-minute offers available on their website. How last-minute are these? Well, ve ...


ISIS and France's Islamic Population


Nadene Goldfoot Israel's travel advisory for Israelis going to Western Europe warned that Jews and Israelis may be targets for IS. The former IS terrorist, Mehdi Nemmouche, had carried out a deadly shooting at the Brussels Jewish Museum in May. Nemmouche, age 29, is a French jihadist who was in Syri ...


MH17: Tiga lagi jenazah rakyat Malaysia tiba Jumaat ini


KUALA LUMPUR: Tiga lagi jenazah rakyat Malaysia yang terkorban dalam tragedi pesawat Malaysia Airlines (MAS) Penerbangan MH17 akan tiba di Malaysia pada Jumaat ini, kata Menteri Pengangkutan Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai. Beliau berkata jenazah Allahyarham Muhammad Afzal Tambi dan adik perempuannya Alla ...


Blue Forest in Belgium


June 5, 2014 @ MyModernMetropolis Just 30 minutes south of Brussels, in Belgium, there is a forest called Hallerbos. By photographer Kilian Schönberger. See more pictures @ MyModernMetropolisFiled under: PhotoGraphy Tagged: Belgium, Issue 6


Belgian Airforce Days!


I haven't seen an airshow in at least 10 years. Come to think of it, about as long ago as when I stopped modelling. Seems like more than one hobby was put on hold at the same time. A good friend of mine invited me to go see the Belgian Airforce Days at the celebration of 100 years of our Airforce. I ...



Search News